Dash cam hard wire fuse

s jordan

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi , I have just got a road angel dashcam and want to use the parking feature , to save me making a mistake , which fuse is live all the time with the car off ?
Many thanks

If you use the search function you can usually find what you are looking for.

If you use the search function you can usually find what you are looking for.

Yes, I remember someone posted detailed explanation where and how to connect ...

Thanks but that tread quickly went off topic to the mg 4 which wasn’t much help unfortunately
are you installing it yourself? should be possible to check the fuse box for permanent 12v with one of those digital voltmeters? fuse box layout may be different for different models and dates so best to check your own. In one of the posts someone said that in their Passenger Compartment Fuse Box empty slot 19 is permanent live ...
installing dashcams is on my "to-do" list but unless I find something user friendly that I can do myself, it will have to be done professionally ...

As an alternative approach, I use a 37Wh power bank which I charge during vehicle operation and swap the cable when parked.
I think I would probably opt for this unless installed by professionals... Can be easily slotted under the sunshade...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom