MG4 USB ports?

Can somebody PLEASE tell me if they have managed to find a USB C-C lead that will actually charge a phone from the front RH socket? I have tried two cables now without success. If there is one that works, details please - she who must be obeyed is complaining about my purchasing endless useless cables!

Afaik no one has got the USB-C socket to charge a phone, at least not at any useful rate.

I just plugged a two port USB charger in the 12V socket, you can have a much power as you want then.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me if they have managed to find a USB C-C lead that will actually charge a phone from the front RH socket? I have tried two cables now without success. If there is one that works, details please - she who must be obeyed is complaining about my purchasing endless useless cables!
I accidentally bought a USB C-C lead from Lidl a couple of weeks ago. As I had it, thought I'd try it in the car and lo and behold it charges my wife's phone. Not sure how quickly, but my wife said it was quick enough. We were on a long journey at the time so speed of charging wasn't really important. I'll try it with my phone sometime to see what happens.

@Rolfe still does that ;)

Rolfe has been having a conversation on Twitter with someone with an MG4 who has managed to stick a USB CD player to the underside of the "shelf" where the parking break and gear selector are. Rolfe is getting slightly tempted, although we'll have to see how things pan out when I finally get R33 next week.

I accidentally bought a USB C-C lead from Lidl a couple of weeks ago. As I had it, thought I'd try it in the car and lo and behold it charges my wife's phone. Not sure how quickly, but my wife said it was quick enough. We were on a long journey at the time so speed of charging wasn't really important. I'll try it with my phone sometime to see what happens.
Sounds promising. Keep me informed please!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back