MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

20230430_164900.jpg

Ted, enjoy your new motor. 🙂👍

Hi all, first post.
I’m swapping my Mini SE for an XPower which is being delivered tomorrow.
I’m looking forward to contributing to the forum, as I’ve been lurking since January!
My wife has a Mini SE (level 3) and I have the XPower, completely different type of car. Once you get your head around the tech I find the XPower nicer to drive, but do prefer some of the old school buttons and switches on the Mini

My wife has a Mini SE (level 3) and I have the XPower, completely different type of car. Once you get your head around the tech I find the XPower nicer to drive, but do prefer some of the old school buttons and switches on the Mini

Yeah, loved the Mini for the 3 years I’ve had it, handles like a dodgem and there have been no issues at all.
Really appreciate everyone welcoming me to the forum, I’ll check in with my first impressions of the XPower at some point tomorrow hopefully 👍

Plan to get White XPower on 1st June…

but having further test drive after gets to dealers on 20th May to check for the vibration issue…

Dealers, Luscombes MG Leeds state only 4 out of 90 sold have had the issue and none of those delivered this year…

That is a good plan.

Whatever you do, don't try and challenge MG UK with the facts around the vibration issue only being present on some cars - they will completely ignore any evidence you provide to them and state several times that you are wrong and that every x-power is badly affected...... VOE

but having further test drive after gets to dealers on 20th May to check for the vibration issue…

Dealers, Luscombes MG Leeds state only 4 out of 90 sold have had the issue and none of those delivered this year…
It would be interesting to know, how many on here have had their X Powers supplied by Luscombes? To check if that claim is valid.

@Bricktop X PWR over to you for the poll 😂😂

I had it in an email from the sales manager at Howards Yeovil that of the 10 X-Powers they had sold, only 1 had the vibration issue (plus the manager had 2 as 'demo' cars, neither of which had the issue - I spent a day with one of these and confirmed this for myself).

I forwarded this email to Gary Smart from MG UK customer 'service' team after he claimed that every X_power suffered the same vibration 'characteristic'. It was ignored. So he must be right - it's everyone else that's wrong, clearly.

Just had mine delivered from Luscombes MG Leeds and there was no vibrations and no dipping of the undertray either.

First post, so howdy :).

Just ordered a grey Xpower. Had a Trophy Long Range for a few weeks as a courtesy car and was impressed with how it drove for such a cheap EV. Yes the infotainment and safety systems are not perfect, but nothing we cant live with.

Went to Richmond MG in Botley to test the XPower, but could not get a real feel of performance as it was only charged to 20% and severely power limited. Having booked the test drive earlier in the week you would have though they would have at least charged it!!

This is our 3rd EV, MB EQC(too big and wobbly), eC4 Citroen (all that was quickly available during the period that must not be named). To be fair, the Citroen is a very comfortable car, but slow and range challenged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just ordered a grey Xpower. Had a Trophy Long Range for a few weeks as a courtesy car and was impressed with how it drove for such a cheap EV. Yes the infotainment and safety systems are not perfect, but nothing we cant live with.

Went to Richmond MG in Botley to test the XPower, but could not get a real feel of performance as it was only charged to 20% and severely power limited. Having booked the test drive earlier in the week you would have though they would have at least charged it!!

This is our 3rd EV, MB EQC(too big and wobbly), eC4 Citroen (all that was quickly available during the period that must not be named. To be fair, the Citroen is a very comfortable car, but slow and range challenged.

That's good.
You will already be used to the MG way of doing things, but when suitably charged will need to recalibrate your senses with the X Powers amazing pace. 🤣
Welcome.

This is our 3rd EV, MB EQC(too big and wobbly), eC4 Citroen (all that was quickly available during the period that must not be named. To be fair, the Citroen is a very comfortable car, but slow and range challenged.
20230430_164900.jpg

To the Madhouse 🤪 sorry forum. 🙂
Enjoy your new motor, when you get it. 👍

That's good.
You will already be used to the MG way of doing things, but when suitably charged will need to recalibrate your senses with the X Powers amazing pace. 🤣
Welcome.
ex Westfield, BMW M4 (sorry) owner so looking forward to it! At the other end of the scale I am a classic car nut with an 1936 Morris 8 and a 65 2 stroke Saab, both terrifying with very little power!!!

:)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom