OTA Update maybe?

STG

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I know that OTA is not a thing with MG4 but something has changed the other day.
It has not been to the dealer or any other garage.

I kept getting bongs when driving down nearby roads for no apparent reason but that has now stopped for those roads but has now started doing it on my home housing estate which is near a school 3ven though none of the estate roads can access the school. Also the school zone message appears if nav is on.

As I said it started these a few days ago so has there been an OTA update to nav system etc

OK, though something has changed, I don't know what but she now bongs in different places compared to where she bonged for the last 3 months

The SatNav seems to draw a circle around a school and if you penetrate that circle the SatNav will warn you, even if you can't get there. It only warns you if the SatNav is running. I've had bongs regularly in some places and then they disappear without the SatNav running. Just a feature.

It bongs for roadworks and traffic issues as well, seemingly for no reason but I worked out that roadworks don’t update quickly so it bongs for historic works that are no longer there!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back