Tesla Supercharger Issue MG5 LR

As I understand it the only PFL cars that need a new CCU are those SR versions. It appears that the LR PFL can have a software upgrade. My PFL LR is booked in for the upgrade in 10 days time. We shall see.
There seems to be conflicting information about that, some dealers are saying any PFL needs a new CCU.
Indeed. My dealer Luscombes in Leeds, which seems to be quite a big fish in the pond, said my LR Exclusive PFL needed the CCU replaced to get the update, despite us all knowing from on here that the update has been done on PFL LR 5s with an update alone.

Coincidence or not this seems to have coincided with MGs decision that that this was a chargeable upgrade for the PFL and not a free update like it is for the FL version.

It used to happen: the Rover 3500 needed high octane 5 star fuel to run which only a couple or petrol companies supplied.
And on the flip side, the Datsuns and other Jap brands that were built to run on 2* and 3*

As I understand it the only PFL cars that need a new CCU are those SR versions. It appears that the LR PFL can have a software upgrade. My PFL LR is booked in for the upgrade in 10 days time. We shall see.
I wonder if they started using newer hardware in the last run of the PFLs? I used carscanner to pull as much obd info from the ECU identifiers menu and the evcc on mine was manufactured in July 2022 ( VCM 6th July, charger ECU 4th July, car registered October 22) be interesting if others can access the info and compare manufacturing dates see if there is a trend

Good news here,
Our firmware has been updated and now we can charge up using Tesla chargers.
Strange procedure you plug in, turn car on go to app then click start charge. Not so simple…
But we can charge.

They didn’t update the software
MCU 83.3.4.8
MPU 1300R12

Good news here,

MCU 83.3.4.8
MPU 1300R12
Good news indeed, the car only displays the FW of the infotainment system, you need a dongle and the eZS app to see update details

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news here,
Our firmware has been updated and now we can charge up using Tesla chargers.
Strange procedure you plug in, turn car on go to app then click start charge. Not so simple…
But we can charge.

MCU 83.3.4.8
MPU 1300R12
Mine seems to work more simply than that. I drive up to the charger - tell it to start in the app - then plug in the car.

Same here, doesn't seem so long ago an all LP gas car was sold here, now it's very hard to find a servo selling LP gas. Luckily mine was dual fuel, last trip across the Nullarbor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom