Might be a silly question about keeping speed on dash screen.

Evenezergb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Just got a mg eV and the dashboard screen keeps defaulting to acc screen. Is there a way of keeping the digital speed on the screen. Thanks

Not silly at all. Try the buttons on right side of steering wheel - thinl you may need to press the left one to get back to main screen then up or down.

Enjoy

Push the bottom lever all the way to the back. that switches off ACC.

Yes, it's a little annoying buy any Car Info alerts override your on screen display and you do need to toggle with the arrows on the right hand side of the steering wheel pads to ensure you get the light blue car logo back on the top of the screen.

Attachments

• MG-ZS-EV-010-low-res.jpeg
    MG-ZS-EV-010-low-res.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 893
Yes, it's a little annoying buy any Car Info alerts override your on screen display and you do need to toggle with the arrows on the right hand side of the steering wheel pads to ensure you get the light blue car logo back on the top of the screen.
You need to get the comfort 2 update aswell

Many ways. The temp will be displayed on the main infontanant screen. The remaining range will be displayed instead of the time on the screen behind the steering wheel. And all the bongs will be gone

I do. In fact, I disable LKA and ACC so the digital speedo stays visible. Only when driving motorway do I use LKA and ACC (and in slow traffic, MG Pilot). First thing I do when digital speedo shows is press OK for 5 seconds so the annoying speedsign info is removed.

Ah, I see. Don't look much at it as it overstates your real speed. the digital one doesn't.
Yeah i have tried measuring the digital readout on the Mk2 compared to GPS and some stationary "This is your speed" displays placed in some places here along the road to shame people into slowing down.

The MG ZS EV is the first car i have ever owned that shows the correct speed, with a deviation of max 1 kph.

I wish it was mandatory for ALL new cars to have a speedo that show the real speed. I get it that in the old days, when speedos were mechanical they were made to show a little more than the real speed, but even if the argument is "Speed changes with tyre sizes so people might buy new tyres and the speed will be different" it is a bit lame today. Any car with a GPS, would be able to do a recalibration at set intervals, to show true speed, and if there were an option to initiate a calibration after changing tyres, the tyre fitter could be required to do that calibration run, before handing the car back to the costumer.

Yeah i have tried measuring the digital readout on the Mk2 compared to GPS and some stationary "This is your speed" displays placed in some places here along the road to shame people into slowing down.

The MG ZS EV is the first car i have ever owned that shows the correct speed, with a deviation of max 1 kph.

I wish it was mandatory for ALL new cars to have a speedo that show the real speed. I get it that in the old days, when speedos were mechanical they were made to show a little more than the real speed, but even if the argument is "Speed changes with tyre sizes so people might buy new tyres and the speed will be different" it is a bit lame today. Any car with a GPS, would be able to do a recalibration at set intervals, to show true speed, and if there were an option to initiate a calibration after changing tyres, the tyre fitter could be required to do that calibration run, before handing the car back to the costumer.
Several points here. 'This is your speed' displays are notoriously inaccurate! By up to 5 kph 3 mph in some cases!
I have often wondered why cars don't have a 'check' with GPS to correct the speedometer, a bit like the radio clocks that correct quartz clocks.
The truth is that GPS can be wildly out! Trees, tunnels and buildings giving false readings. Your GPS readout of speed only is accurate on a straight open road, i.e. no tress etc. at a constant speed.
It is 'laggy' in that it isn't instant. If you have the sat nav that gives the prevailing speed limit and changes when you pass a speed sign, see how many metres it has to go past it before changing!
The Tomtom versions take about 10 metres to change! HERE versions are about 2/3 of that. Google, you have to rely on it having the speed sign in the correct place!
Cruise control is another interesting one. The increments are 1 mph and 2 kph in most cars for some reason!
And tyres change size amazingly with speed and temperature.

Several points here. 'This is your speed' displays are notoriously inaccurate! By up to 5 kph 3 mph in some cases!
I have often wondered why cars don't have a 'check' with GPS to correct the speedometer, a bit like the radio clocks that correct quartz clocks.
The truth is that GPS can be wildly out! Trees, tunnels and buildings giving false readings. Your GPS readout of speed only is accurate on a straight open road, i.e. no tress etc. at a constant speed.
It is 'laggy' in that it isn't instant. If you have the sat nav that gives the prevailing speed limit and changes when you pass a speed sign, see how many metres it has to go past it before changing!
The Tomtom versions take about 10 metres to change! HERE versions are about 2/3 of that. Google, you have to rely on it having the speed sign in the correct place!
Cruise control is another interesting one. The increments are 1 mph and 2 kph in most cars for some reason!
And tyres change size amazingly with speed and temperature.
But for ESP to work, the car will have a "steering wheel angle" sensor. The ZS EV certainly have it and they use it, if you increase the speed on the cruise control it will not actually speed up if you are turning the steeringwheel.

So if the car needs half a mile of straight road, where you go straight ahead, it will know when it got it.

Also...No need to do constant calibrations, and even IF for some reason the speedo indicated 50 mph, and you were doing 51, i dont think it would be that big of a problem.

My main problem is cars, where the speedo is out by as much as 6 mph. Really annoying having to do 45 on a good wide, 50 road, just because someone has a car with a speedo that is lying to them :)

Many ways. The temp will be displayed on the main infontanant screen. The remaining range will be displayed instead of the time on the screen behind the steering wheel. And all the bongs will be gone
Hi there,

I have the comfort 2 update based on what you described but my alerts override my speed display every 30 seconds and having to push the buttons constantly is really annoying. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi there,

I have the comfort 2 update based on what you described but my alerts override my speed display every 30 seconds and having to push the buttons constantly is really annoying. Am I doing something wrong?
you should be able to switch the alerts off, which alert keeps popping up?

Honestly I have no idea! There isn’t an alert actually coming up!
that's the line assist warning, I get it all the time ; I don't have instruction manual for older ZS but there is a setting somewhere on teh screen to switch off line assist in MG Pilot ... in mine it says:

The lane assist system switch is located in the infotainment display. Enter the corresponding interface for driving assistance to turn the system ON/OFF, and make mode selection.

Try this, might work.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom