MG4 Trophy map update – BEWARE

The new maps are installed but they surely are not from q4 2023. I'm missing several roads that already existed in q2 2023. Moreover, ev stations are still the same. The one I'm using has been there for four years now and it still does not show up. That pretty much blasts the manual trip planning using EV stations here.

The new maps are installed but they surely are not from q4 2023. I'm missing several roads that already existed in q2 2023. Moreover, ev stations are still the same. The one I'm using has been there for four years now and it still does not show up. That pretty much blasts the manual trip planning using EV stations here.
Er is toch een EV planner bijgekomen heb ik gezien of werkt deze niet naar behoren ?

Er is toch een EV planner bijgekomen heb ik gezien of werkt deze niet naar behoren ?
Translated: Wasn't an EV planner
added? Or is it not working properly?

No. I heared about it connected to R59 updates. But so far, nobody confirmed it. And I haven't seen R59 in NL yet.

Hi The update is now WORKING...
My infotainment version is R40 JIC
After the download , the loong Unzip, you get the final 30/35 minutes of update in the car;):)
after selecting the maps( inserting the USB stick waiting to read and then selecting the maps ) you get a window on Checking MD5 hashes to ALl files and the upgrade starts ...
20240507_150455.jpg

after it copy it all it does again a window on Checking MD5 hashes to ALL files. and A request to reboot
Te update version is the same as the announced..
20240507_153103.jpg

havent seen what consists the update... Later on...
one Final thing - the stick comes back ( after the update) with some data/media """android"" Folders like your normal android phone;):) probably some apps that started using the stick in the time of the upgrade:D
Screenshot from 2024-05-07 15-44-00.png

And the file verification seems to be the Same ( for @mg4mc ) so not Vin based ,,,,

Ubd6jmO4O0OMqSA8igzQxSqJzV95Cn6qCAthARxlqAZWF5incA8hfBcpW1RhQCuUz8d9M3YgAFXZqy8tHl8s2pthGC5MiOdKNJzqnl3tAe74ruivj1Ff0Z0hQ2eFZy/imzQLTFV6FilcKc6zUhVgp6ulBGw549jE4VtocSNeNsmnByNZhvDCU5JfWotKyj4avT3endxGL+TLDkDzI2+0XeXVu+d5B2E8Q/86MXh13O8tFUtZeMWtJgDdr7zKGhuTX4hCyvsMNp7OIQ9qGqUOpbojO3my2MSr7wJbtta6m1sb9LU0iDc8OhQxu5so1SvAItbA+YbhZffZ2x0nhBX1eA==

Last edited:

Automatic translation of french tutorial to update map system:​

Open https://iov-mapmg.soimt.com/#/downloadMap

Insert your VIN​

Download the file whose link is in blue (be careful 18GB to download is long)​

On Windows EXCLUSIVELY, extract the contents of the ZIP file​

You get a "maps" file containing:EXCLUSIVELY ON A USB KEY (no external disk) with a size >32GB and preferably no larger than 128GB, formatted in FAT32 or EXFAT​

copy "maps" to the root of the usb key (use FastCopy, ROBOCOPY to check the integrity of the copy); long process <1 hour​

In the MG4​

Start the vehicle and put it in parking mode.​

Insert the USB key into the USB port located under the central side screendriver.​

Go to Settings > System > Tap USB Upgrade VR data and maps​

Once the system scans your key​

STAY IN THE CAR OR PUT WEIGHT ON THE DRIVER'S SEAT SO AS NOT TO INTERRUPT THE SHIFT DUE TO SLEEP​

system verifies the integrity by doing a checksum​

system copies the files (long process ~30-40 minutes)​

system notifies you when the update is finished and restarts the screen​

update is complete​

yes it mentions to use a Windows machine to extract the files - BUT I've formatted a 64 GB Stick with FAT32 and unzip the maps folder and contents with a linux machine without issues...

You do not have to sit in the car. I even closed the car, went back in and checked 15 minutes later. It had progressed as expected.

And my usb stick 128gb NTFS, fully partioned to a single 128gb drive.

My file_verification contents:
Code:
Ubd6jmO4O0OMqSA8igzQxSqJzV95Cn6qCAthARxlqAZWF5incA8hfBcpW1RhQCuUz8d9M3YgAFXZqy8tHl8s2pthGC5MiOdKNJzqnl3tAe74ruivj1Ff0Z0hQ2eFZy/imzQLTFV6FilcKc6zUhVgp6ulBGw549jE4VtocSNeNsmnByNZhvDCU5JfWotKyj4avT3endxGL+TLDkDzI2+0XeXVu+d5B2E8Q/86MXh13O8tFUtZeMWtJgDdr7zKGhuTX4hCyvsMNp7OIQ9qGqUOpbojO3my2MSr7wJbtta6m1sb9LU0iDc8OhQxu5so1SvAItbA+YbhZffZ2x0nhBX1eA==
I've just copied this and compared it to the one I downloaded last night (using my VIN) and they match exactly.
Also compared to the 23Q3 version that we (on infotainment R46+) were having problems with and they are completely different.

I suppose you could try it with the 'new' VN.txt. Just create a plain text file called VN.txt, and all it should say within is pass

I doubt it will work though.

My new VN.txt attached

Attachments

• VN.txt
    4 bytes · Views: 35
I've just copied this and compared it to the one I downloaded last night (using my VIN) and they match exactly.
Also compared to the 23Q3 version that we (on infotainment R46+) were having problems with and they are completely different.

I suppose you could try it with the 'new' VN.txt. Just create a plain text file called VN.txt, and all it should say within is pass

My new VN.txt attached
Like I told before, I installed also from a downloaded version @ the dealer that was already installed on 5 cars with the same VN file ….

Another R40 success here, all updated fine. Noticed a lot more local businesses coming up on it now so that's good. Thanks all!

How does performing your own software updates affect warranty? At any service point a dealer will see a discrepancy between the software version on the car and that recorded in the service history.

Updating maps is allowed to be done by the owner hence why there is an option in the menu to do so. It’s only the map data that is updated thereby.

Last edited by a moderator:

My new VN.txt attached
The VN.txt just says ->> pass. . Good to know for future updates

I see more 3D buildings in the brussels area ( institutional ; Monuments....) and some slow driving areas ( 30KM/h) it beeps before arriving to it ( it wasnt doing it before)

I see more 3D buildings in the brussels area ( institutional ; Monuments....) and some slow driving areas ( 30KM/h) it beeps before arriving to it ( it wasnt doing it before)
Strange that we must download the updated files from a UK or French server, cause MG Belgium still delivers the non-working version with no VN file ..... Will contact them again this week .... Their answer is still too busy and no time to update the servers...

Strange that we must download the updated files from a UK or French server, cause MG Belgium still delivers the non-working version with no VN file ..... Will contact them again this week .... Their answer is still too busy and no time to update the servers...
I didnt knew there was a mg belgium support site ( besides the mgmotor.be for the manuals download) .I Just used the Link shared in thread here -> https://iov-mapmg.soimt.com/#/downloadMap.

I didnt knew there was a mg belgium support site ( besides the mgmotor.be for the manuals download) .I Just used the Link shared in thread here -> https://iov-mapmg.soimt.com/#/downloadMap.
Well that Manual download site you can put in your VIN and can download the Navigation update also, but still the one Q3 2024 with that missing VN warning for R46 users. The Belgian headquarters is in Kontich, but are a lazy bunch of incompetent workers...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back